Barcelona Centre of Design (BCD), hailed as one of the most exciting design centres in Europe, has partnered with Singapore’s National Design Centre (NDC) to showcase the exhibit – “Barcelona Transgressive Designers: From Art to Design” – from 28 April to 17 May 2015.
Featuring the latest design work from Barcelona’s leading designers across the categories of accessories, jewellery, shoes and bags, home décor and ceramic work, the exhibition’s focus pinpoints innovation and artistic components of the designers’ materials, aesthetics, and creative process. From traditional techniques to the latest 3D printing technology, the exhibition presents Barcelona’s cutting edge design and ideas to Singapore’s design community in a cultural design exchange.
The designers involved include:
– Alba Casares (handcrafted jewelry)
– Amalia Vermell (conceptual jewelry)
– Ana Tichy (womenswear & illustration)
– Andrea Viêntec (handmade hats)
– Berta Sumpsi (contemporary jewelry)
– Eliurpí (women’s hats)
– Equipaje Barcelona (leather bags)
– Espelma&Louise (Handcrafted organic candles)
– Krasznai (conceptual ceramics)
– MedioDesign (3D printed home accessories)
– Miriam Cernuda (ceramics)
– Miteta (men’s accessories)
– Olend (bags)
– Papiroga (handmade necklaces)
– Prógono (small leather goods & bags)
– Ranran Design (wall art & home wares)
– RebelRoot (ethical fairtrade fashion)
– Silvando Bajito (illustrated ceramics)
– Uniqbrow (interchangeable eyewear)
– Vaho (upcycled bags)
– Woodys Barcelona (ecological sunglasses)
Pop-up Store at kapok at NDC
Bridging art, design and retail, a curation of items showcased at “Barcelona Transgressive Designers: From Art to Design” will be available for sale in a 30-day pop-up store at kapok from 18 May – 18 June 2015.
kapok flagship store at National Design Centre is located at 111 middle road, #01-05. Opening hours from 11am to 9pm daily.