Canon’s newly unveiled camera is an adventure seeker’s dream-come-true. The PowerShot D20 is constructed to withstand challenges from the great outdoors, with unparalleled protection against water, extreme temperatures and dust. Resiliently shielded against harsh conditions, this handy camera provides a reliable way to capture memories of your wildest adventures.
Users can expect to shoot worry-free underwater with the PowerShot D20. Conforming to the IPX8 standard, the camera is waterproof with secure seals to provide water resistance for up to 10 metres. A rust-resistant coating further reinforces its waterproof protection. The waterproof case WP-DC45, sold separately, is required for depths beyond 10 metres and is effective up to 40 metres. In cold climates, the PowerShot D20 is freeze-proof up to negative 10 degrees Celsius. The anti-fogging feature ensures that the camera always captures clear shots.
Minute dust and sand particles are prevented from entering the camera with its dust-proof feature. Comprising a robust LCD screen, tough camera frame and lens barrel protection, the PowerShot D20 is shock-proof up to 1.5 metres, providing users with a peace of mind in rough terrains.
Besides its tough physical body, the new PowerShot D20 also possesses amazing features well thought out for the adventurous:
• Built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) allows users to easily keep a record of their whereabouts on-ground as locations, dates and times are automatically tagged onto photos. The bundled Map Utility software also allows users to geo-tag photos easily.
• New Underwater Macro mode further magnifies the subject as compared to the usual macro mode when taken from the same distance. This is useful in shooting situations where the subject is not always easy to get close to.
• The Movie Digest feature allows bite-sized video clips to be recorded simultaneously with stills through a single press of the shutter button.
• Smart Auto feature can detect up to 32 scene modes including the Advance Subject Detection mode which tracks both living and non-living subjects in motion. This reduces the need for the user to manually adjust to the different scene modes under different situations.
The PowerShot D20 is equipped with a 12.1-megapixel CMOS sensor, usually found in Canon’s EOS DSLRs. The 28mm wide-angle lens with 5x optical zoom allows close-up shots of far-away subjects.
The PowerShot D20 and its accessories will be available in the third week of May at all authorised Canon dealers at the following recommended retail prices:
• PowerShot D20 (Blue or Yellow): SGD$599
• Accessory Set (shoulder strap, carabina strap, soft case, float & silicon jacket): SGD$129 • Soft case: SGD$23
• Waterproof case (for depths beyond 10 meters up to 40 meters): SGD$309