Sentosa Sandsation is striking back this year, bringing your favourite Star Wars characters to Siloso Beach! Be inspired by sand sculptures from a galaxy far, far away, and make time to come with your loved ones this September school holidays!
The inaugural event under a three-year collaboration between Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC) and The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia, Sentosa Sandsation: Star Wars Edition is Southeast Asia’s largest sand sculpting festival, spanning almost 3,000 square metres and running from 31 August to 15 September 2019, between 10.00am and 8.30pm daily. Entry into the event is free for all.
Plus, to celebrate the school holidays, all Singapore residents will also enjoy free island admission between 31 August and 15 September 2019 via the Sentosa Express or when driving through the Sentosa Gateway vehicular gantry in Singapore-registered cars, on top of the existing free modes of entry.
Promising fun for all ages, Sentosa Sandsation: Star Wars Edition will feature:
- 20 Star Wars-themed sand sculptures – Immerse yourself amongst iconic characters brought to life by some of the world’s most renowned sand artists, including Singapore’s very own JOOheng Tan. Embrace the light side of the Force with Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca and Rey or harness the power of the dark with Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett and Kylo Ren.
- Sand sculpting workshops and ‘live’ demonstrations – Head on down to the daily free sand sculpting workshops located right on the event ground! Happening throughout Sentosa Sandsation: Star Wars Edition with three timeslots at 11.00am, 2.00pm and 5.00pm on a first come first served basis, this would be the perfect place for you to learn from the masters. Guests can also look forward to Jabba the Hutt being brought to life by internationally renowned sculptor JOOheng progressively throughout the event.
- Sentosa International Sand Sculpting Competition – Watch the world’s best sand masters compete to craft fantastic sand art masterpieces at the third edition of the Sentosa International Sand Sculpting Championship, which will be held from 31 August to 2 September.
- Exclusive merchandise – Get your hands on exclusive bespoke Star Wars-themed merchandise, such as glow-in-the-dark T-shirts and customisable tote bags, at the retail area at Sentosa Sandsation: Star Wars Edition
- Free movie screenings – Guests can also make it a whole day out with free movie screenings at Palawan Green. Happening at 7.45pm on 31 August, 1, 14 and 15 September, grab a picnic mat and enjoy family bonding time on the green.
Sentosa FUN Shops and Singapore Cable Car Gift Shops, operated by One Faber Group (1FG), will also offer special bespoke merchandises exclusively produced by Disney and 1FG in conjunction with this collaboration. These include gifts like T-Shirts, tote bags, mini puzzles, mugs and neck pillows, and will go on sale from 31 August.
For more information, visit Sentosa Sandsation.